Thursday, March 10, 2011

Top of a Piano II

Hello Everyone!

Happy Spring!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting regularly lately!
I'm still getting used to my hubbies work schedule and juggling everything from kids to dinner.

Y'all mom's know what I'm talking about ;)

Well....aside from working on my spirituality and trying to organize my life a bit, I was working on my piano display.

Working....that sounds like so much work. lol

It wasn't.

It's a matter of the right accessories.

So here it is :)


If you remember from the inspirational post, this is the piano that I refinished.

I don't know what I was thinking.

Seriously.

It's totally out of tune now
After reading and researching AFTER i refinished it, I found out that pianos are suppose to be sanded down by hand ONLY.

By using the electric sander, I guess I messed up all the chords inside :(

No wonder musical pieces sound so much different now.

lol

At least it looks ok. 

It wasn't much lighter though.

I wanted it to match the floors.

WHAT??

Yea.....I was pretty "matchy-matchy" type of gal.

Here are the close ups :)








My Favorite :)

What do you think? 

Did I nail it? 

Missed it?

I was hoping to find a lamp, but didn't find anything that wowed me.

Maybe on my next thrifty outing :)

Hope you had a wonderful Women's Day ;)

Back in Ukraine, it's one of the most celebrated holidays!

xoxo


5 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! I love that mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mirror! Just keep your eye out for the right lamp(s). Don't try to rush it, it will come. =)

    www.goodgirlgoneglad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good already!!!! try puting the vases you have one on each side instead of together:D


    http://ruskiweddings.webs.com/apps/blog/
    check out my blogspot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky it looks gorgeous!!! love love love the mirror. where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete