Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Neutral Baby Nursery - DIY

 Long before the birth of our second son, I started to think about his nursery. :)

I wanted it calm, warm, and relaxing.

A room I could go to, to nurse, change, enjoy and love my baby boy :)

I had such a pleasure working on this room! It was extra special to me since we didn't make one for our firstborn because we were in the middle of major remodeling!

It came out pretty close to what I had imagined ;)



The beautifully stars were by Martha Stewart that i purchased at TJ Maxx, Crib was from CL the Sheep Rug from Ikea. The beautifully bedding set is by Wendy Bellisimo and borrowed to me from my good friend Olga :)


I wish the yellow was lighter....Oh well ;)

Imagine sign I got at Salvation Army for like a $1, if not 50 cents.

The Gliding Chair and ottoman, we purchased off of CL :) For $50! ;) The IKEA table from CL for $6! Originally $60!!! It had a little water damage, hubby sanded it down and spray painted with $4 paint :) Voila!Lamp and curtains also lent to my from Olga :)



The changing table, dresser combo was Free of of CL :D SCORE!!! You will not believe it but I just wiped it down with a rag :D It has some nick-knacks but is amazing condition :) Did I mention it's a PALI brand? :D


The gorgeous shelf was also from Olga :)

The mobile was also from Olga :)

And this is the little guys that lives in this room ;)

Totals:

Paint - $40
Crib - $224
Dresser/Changing Table - $0
Sheep Rug - $25
Table - $10
Little square shelves from Goodwill - $1
Martha Stewart Paper Flowers - $5
Boarder - $20
Imagine sign - $1

Total $326

This is not considering the little essentials such as the diaper pad, wipe warmer, etc....

I love bargain hunting!!! It sure does pay off!!!

Please tell me what you think!!!

xoxo



7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your nursery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, I love it:) I loove the yellow, I think it looks just perfect! I cannot believe it cost you only 300 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room turned out lovely- I especially like those stars!! But I must say, the picture of your baby at the end is THE BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning!!! I am collecting nursury ideas and this one just got bookmarked! Would you care if I shared it in an upcoming post?? I just adore it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky! This room is just adorable! I love the color combination, the stripes (ofcourse!you know I'm partial to stripes) and the huge stars are just gorge!!! What a sunny, happy room for a baby (who is just precious as can be!Those eyes! Our previous home had a room almost identical, so I appreciate the character of the slanted ceilings. Great job girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The room is lovely...but that little bundle of joy is just to cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow! What a cute nursery! I love those two colors together! Your blog is adorable. and I'm gonna start baking those yummy recipes of yours!
    Thank you!


    Pearl

    ReplyDelete