Saturday, May 28, 2011

Remembering a Miracle....

Yesterday, May 27th was 5 years since the car accident.

It was about 5 pm, I was picking up friends, and we were heading out to a Music Festival in the Seattle area.

As I came to pick up Diana, I cracked my window and yelled "Diana hurry up!" As I was yelling the phrase, she was coming up to the back passenger door on drivers (my) side. She than stopped, and went to the other side. I wondered why..

It was dark, and rainy. Not the best driving conditions. I changed my mind about which route to take and went off the road into a graveled shoulder, prepared to make a U-turn. 

Technically U-turns are legal in Washington, unless it states otherwise, and unless there are double lines dividing the traffic. I didn't take that into consideration and went ahead to make the u-turn. I was certain that there were no cars.

The next thing I know, I hear sirens. I look up, my roof is like an accordion. I block out. I than feel someone is trying to unbuckle me, I try to help them. It was so weird...


The paramedics got me down on a stretcher and started asking me questions; my name, last name, spelling, address, and where I worked. I answered, very slowly, taking deep breaths. I still didn't know what was happening. It was like a dream. I clearly remember one of the men asking me questions to keep me conscious. For the longest time, his voice, and the phrase he repeated stayed in my head. Playing over and over again. For months...."stay with me, Vicky, stay with me."
To my understanding, they called out Life Flight to get me to Emmanuel, the #1 Trauma Center. After talking to me, they thought I was in better shape than they originally though, so they put me in an ambulance. On our way to Emmanuel, my blood pressure was falling, FAST. That is when they raced me to SW Washington Medical Center. 

Turns out, I had broken ribs, 5, and 7, on each side. The ribs punctured my lungs, making it difficult to breathe, and that is where I lost quite a bit of blood. My pelvic bones where broken in a few places, a crack in the spine, ruptured spleen and a tear in bladder.

After the sirens, next thing I hear is my Daddy, telling me that everything is going to be ok, that I was in a little car accident, that they were going to fix me. I didn't understand. "What is going on?", I thought.

The next day, it was Sunday, with family by my side. I had a neck brace and was unable to move. The docs where sure I had a broken neck, arms and most likely legs. I guess they couldn't see on the MRI since I was so swollen.




When Diana came to visit me, we figured out why she sat on the other side of the car. She said that I told her to go on the other side, I know that I did not tell her that. It was God. If she was sitting behind me, I don't know if she would have been amongst us!  Diana! God loves you so much!




I was in the ICU for 6 days, had my chest tubes taken out a few days later, had a pelvic surgery the 12th of June and on Wednesday, June 14th I came home! I was in a wheelchair till my pelvic brace came off, on July 28th. My last surgery!

I was amazing at how many people visited me! I had my dear friends by my side every day, including my than boyfriend Peter, and amazing friend, Oksana, who was a RNA in training! She took such great care of me! I got feet massages, and she even washed my hair! :)  Not to mention styling :) lol



I want to thank everyone, from the bottom of my heart, for the cards, flowers, cookies, teddy bears, and all the encouraging words! It lifted my spirits so much! I was especially touched when people that i barely knew, took the time out of their busy lives and came to encourage, comfort and bless.



Also My dearest mommy! Thank you so much for being there for me! I am so sorry for causing you so much tears and heart ache!



My dear cousin Irina made this amazing poster for me! Everyone was so generous! By the time I was able to drive, there was over $1,700!!!




I am so grateful, and will always be to God Almighty, the creator of the Heavens and the earth, the Lord of all seen and unseen. My Jesus, my Savior. It is not my life, it is His. He breathed life into me a second time. He was there to prove everyone wrong. 

(I'm pretty sure Lily K. got me that HUGE beautiful paper flower! Thank you! plz correct me if I'm wrong!)

You know, I though miracles were for back in the day Bible times. I never imagined that I would ever be the subject of a miracle! I have seen it, lived through it, and live it. My life is a miracle :)
After that, with family and amazing friends who were by my side, I successfully completed physical therapy and was back to normal :)


Please forgive me for such a long post! 

I wish I had pictures of everyone that came to visit me.

I hope and pray that this post inspired you in some way.

May His blessings always be upon you!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You told me about this but wow! The car looks....:(

    Thank you Lord for keeping Vikachka safe! And giving her more years of life! I am soooo thankful for her in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a scary story. But you are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky, you told me the story once, but when you read it in words, and your emotion in it, wow, GOd is Great!!!! THank you for sharing your story. You are truly a blesssing

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Colorful and attractive......
    I was very impressed by this post, this site has always been pleasant news. Thank you very much for such an interesting post. Keep working, great job!

    If you search About Heroes Strike Mod Apk Latest Version Download 2021, then Heroes Strike Mod Apk is one of the best website. You must check it out.

    ReplyDelete